- Can you share your journey of how you discovered your passion for R&B music?
Griff Galexxzee: my journey started at a young age. My older sister had a record collection of artists such as, Michael Jackson, New Edition, Smokey Robinson and The Miracles. I was very hyper as a child, jumping couch to couch but when she played those records, it kept me calm and relaxed.
- What specific elements do you think define the R&B genre and how do you incorporate these into your own music?
Griff Galexxzee: I think R&B has a lot of different elements musically. I find the melodies really define the genre. I like to incorporate melodies/ catchy hooks that stick in your head all day long.
- Who are your biggest musical influences in the world of R&B and how have they inspired your own style?
Griff Galexxzee: I have various influences in the R&B world. Michael Jackson I always say is the G.O.A.T as number 1 influence. Al Jarreau, for his versatility. New Edition, Luther Vandross, Johnny Gill, and Bruno Mars. I try to incorporate each of these artists in my songs I record.
- Can you describe your songwriting process? How do you come up with lyrics and melodies that resonate with your audience?
Griff Galexxzee: When every I write a song, I try to touch on topics that people can relate to. “Ghosted” my latest single as I sure many people bene ghosted before. I always start of buy hearing a instrumental humming the melodies and when I find one, I add words to it. Generally trying to go with the harmony of the beat. Songwriting process is easier because I have done it so many times.
- R&B music often carries emotional depth and storytelling. How do you ensure that your music connects with listeners on an emotional level?
Griff Galexxzee: That is the beauty of R&B. A lot of story telling involved.
I usually base a lot of my songs on personal experience or life events. Whether it’s being treated unfairly, heart broken or having a good time, these our all life events listeners can relate to on a emotional level.
- Can you talk about any challenges you’ve faced in your music career and how you overcame them?
Griff Galexxzee: I faced a lot of challenges in my music career. The first challenge was finding my sound and style. I experimented often and I had such a great engineer “T.J Habibi” that allowed me to be comfortable to try different things. I use to rap before singing and found my strength in creating melodies and eventually started sticking with that. The other challenge is getting my music out there as an indie artists. I did not have the budget as major label but what I found help me over come that is networking. Connecting with the right people online and in person, to work together on one goal.
- Are there any notable collaborations or performances that have been particularly impactful in your career? If so, why?
Griff Galexxzee: I collaborated with a lot of talented artists but the most impactful collabs I would say “Daft Punk” and talented music Producer “CL Mccoy” He has worked names like Jadakiss, Bone thugs, Wale, and Timbaland. As for Daft Punk, they are well known very innovate funk sounds I enjoy.
- What do you think sets you apart from other R&B singers in the industry?
Griff Galexxzee; I get asked this question a lot and one of the things I would say is I am not afraid to experiment. In most songs, I change up my vocal style depending on the vibe and most people can’t tell it’s the same artists on the one song.
- How do you take care of your voice and maintain it in optimal condition during performances and recording sessions?
Griff Galexxzee: Since I was a rapper for a long period of time, I did not realize the importance of taking are of your voice, especially when singing. When I got covid, I lost my singing voice. That point on, I realize your vocals is muscle and must be worked on like vocal warm ups, room temperature. The more you work on your voice the stronger it gets
- How do you see the future of R&B music evolving, and how do you plan to contribute to its development?
Griff Galexxzee: I see the future of R&B, being more experiment in terms of style and sound. AmaPiano, Drill R&B, is what I stated noticing recently. I plan to contribute by being able to keep up with the latest style.
11.What can the fans look forward to hearing from you this year?
Griff Galexxzee: My new album “Galactic Garden” I feel it’s my best work yet to come experimenting in 70’s, 80’s, 90’s and more modern. Fans won’t be disappointed.
12.Where can the fans find you in Social Media?
Griff Galexzee: Best place to reach at the most is Istagram griffgalexxzee the one and only!